It’s almost New Year, and it’s time to set your goals. I personally never wrote a resolution. For the most part, during 2016, the one thing I wanted to achieve is making a blog and keeping it alive. So in this post, I will be sharing with you some tips to set your goals for 2017
- Write it down. This is the most important thing. If you keep it in your head, it might as well die. Write it and stick it in a place you can see every day; on your mirror, behind the door, on the refrigerator or print on a shirt (sounds like a good idea).
- Be realistic. I don’t want to be pessimistic, but don’t set goals you know that you can’t stick with it. For example, if you rarely workout, don’t set a goal of jogging for an hour every day. Your body won’t be able to handle the stress you put it through. So instead, walk 20 minutes at first, and then little by little raise the bar, until by the end of the year you are able to jog for an hour.
- Don’t set too many goals. Instead set 2 or 3 goals, this way you can focus on them.
- Make time for it. This is very important, if you don’t give yourself enough time to practice the thing you want to achieve, then why set it as a goal? Let’s say you want to meditate every day for 10 minutes before going to work. If you don’t wake up every day ahead of your scheduled to practice meditating, then make sure it won’t happen.
- Do it every day, or every week, depending on what you want to achieve and stick to it until it becomes something that is embedded into your lifestyle, and you no longer feel it’s something “you have to do”. Remember, the most important thing is to do something you love, something you don’t feel obligated to do. It’s for you, so might as well enjoy it.
So those are tips for anyone who want to set a new goal to achieve this year. I wish for everyone a blessed new year. Just remember that if you messed up last year, you could make it up, every day, little by little.